In the top bar there are several options.
From left to right:
- either pause or run the universe
- control the speed of the universe
- the number of 'ticks' of the current universe
- (re)set to a random state
- (re)set to a clean state
- set the size, it's always cubical (4-50)
- move trough different models info/2D/3D
- display the cells as circles or squares
In the 2D model you can slide through different layers, and change the state of a cell by clicking on it.
In the 3D view, you can change the viewpoint, and zoom in or out by moving the slider.
Near the border or near the middle nothing happens, otherwise it will move slowly in the direction of the mouse.